University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations
Smart English A2 and QSE are designed to teach all the major task types and language
- KET (Key for Schools, Key English Test) at CEFR A2+
Smart English A2 covers the topics, skills (Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking), structure and use of language, functions, notions and communicative tasks covered in all three papers of the Exam: Cambridge KET Reading and Writing (Paper 1), Listening (Paper 2) and Speaking (Paper 3). The entire course builds up to the exam, and candidates are helped by specific exam tasks flagged in the Workbook.
- PET (Preliminary English Test) at CEFR B1
The QSE Pre-Intermediate Teacher's Guide contains photocopiable
pages of exam practice tests in particular the Reading and Speaking
sections of the examination. The Listening and Writing components are
extensively practiced in the QSE Pre-Intermediate Student's
Book and Workbook.
: The complete QSE Pre-Intermediate Teacher's Guide
including all exam practice and unit test materials.
- FCE (First Certificate in English) at CEFR B2
The QSE Intermediate Teacher's Guide contains photocopiable
pages of exam practice tests in particular the Use of English, Speaking
and Writing sections of the examination. Supplementary grammar pages
complete the FCE syllabus (Revised 2008). The Listening and Reading components are
extensively practiced in the QSE Intermediate Student's
Book and Workbook.
: The complete QSE Intermediate
Teacher's Guide 2009 including all exam practice and unit test materials.
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) at CEFR C1
The QSE Advanced Teacher's Guide contains photocopiable
pages of exam practice tests for the CAE (Revised 2008), IELTS
Exams, including 7 special Listening Tests, available as audio tracks
on the Exam Practice CD.
: The complete QSE Advanced Teacher's Guide 2009 including all exam practice
and test materials (PDF files for print and MP3 files for audio).
- Visit http://www.cambridgeesol.org/exams
for more information of the Cambridge suite of exams.
Reviews of QSE
- "What a welcome ESL / EFL teaching series is this Eng1ish language
communication course for advanced level students..."
- "Compactly laid out, the text will easily engage students and sustain
- "The fold-out 'language banks' on the cover flaps will be invaluable..."
- "Audiovisual materials are particularly effective..."
- "Differing themes provide content for cross-curricular learning
in science, music, law or drama, and include a wide range of sources, from
reporting to fiction."
- "The instructional design of the Teacher's Guide will satisfy even
the hard-to- please, classroom traditionalist."
- "Four skill areas are augmented with loads of additional discussion
material and integration ideas. Take a look at this resource: highly adaptable,